Followers

Monday, January 18, 2016

Paper Artsy Tag

I'm back this afternoon with a Tag. Well a Tag and an altered file. The file will go to wrok with me tomorrow, and will be used to keep my patient case files in for the day.


The tag has been created by sponging and stenciling the background, adding stamps, pewter distress spray and stenciled gold acrylic paint ( my fav detail go to at the moment).
I've then added some sequin turquoise bling as ribbon.



The tag was then attached to the file. The file started as a plain pale pink folder. I've used Dylusion sprays, Distress Ink sponging and stenciling, and then stamping and more acrylic paint to create the background. As a final touch I added mod podge to the tag, it will make it a little more resilant but also makes the colours pop.



It's  so bright and cheerful, its gonna brighten my days at work ;-)



I'm entering the tag and folder into the following Challenges:

Twofers- theme is metal- I've used gold acrylic paint and pewter distress spray.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge- Stencils - I used stencils on both the tag and folder- with both distress inks and acrylic paint.

Have a great week.

8 comments:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

WOW! I definitely need a file like this to take with me to work, too! I think I'd enjoy work a lot more if I could look down and see a brilliant piece of art every time I opened it! I really love the depth and dimension you created with all those stencils and images. And this color palette is so dreamy! The tag is especially amazing and I love the way you have the woman's eyes as a separate layer. So clever! Thanks so much for sharing your stenciling skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Jane Willis said...

Wonderfully bright and cheerful, I can see you must have had lot of fun making this and being something practical it will continue to bring you pleasure. Thanks for playing along at Twofers
Jane

Zoechaos said...

Its very cold here at the moment but I can warm my self with your file cover is it so warm and vibrant. Love the colour blending and those pops of gold gleam. It is just an exciting energising piece that says get up and go for it, which I'm guessing is what you did! Thanks for joining us again at Twofers I'm so enjoying your inky/messy creative burst at the moment. XOXO

Christi Conley said...

OMGosh! Debi - this is SO beautiful!!! I need some brightness to warm me up as I am waiting for the furnace repair man as I write this. Anyway, your tag reminds me of one of my idols, Lynne Perella, who can make anything look extraordinary, just like you can :) Thank you SO much for entering our little challenge - the very best of luck :) xoxo Christi DT

Gio said...

Such marvellous colours and design, Debi!

Words and Pictures said...

Wonderful tag and file, Debi - the colours are just amazing. Brilliant use of the LP images too.
Alison x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous file Debby! the colours and whole design is fabulous! LOVE it :-)

Congratulations! you have won the $50 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

SewPaperPaint said...

First of all, I so have stamp envy right now! ;0 Secondly, this is truly an amazing piece! I am thrilled for you to have won the big loot at SSS this week. It's always great to see a fabulous project take the prize. This is certainly that. Love it! <3 Hugs, Autumn