Followers

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Industrial Tag


I had some spare time today so I had a go and made my version of Tim's September Tag, I got real excited as I loved the riveted metal look. It reminded me straight away of the industrial revolution. Many of my paternal ancestors worked as brass casters and later as sheet metal workers, so this struck a real cord with me. Here's an old family photo, my great grandfather worked as a brass caster in Birmingham, England, he's 3rd from the right on the back row. The photo probably dates from around 1913.


I created my riveted the metal the same as Tim, but then dry embossed some cogs, the wet embossed to give the cogs more definition and stamped and wet embossed one of the stamps from set. I then added by fussy cutting various other stamped elements. Some chains, pins and brads add some extra metal details.

I'm also entering this over at Simon says Stamp and Show where the theme is heroes, and I don't think their are better heroes than your own ancestors.



4 comments:

Anna-Karin said...

Such a fabulous version of Tim's tag! Great embellishments and stamps and I love those chains you used. And a great inspiration piece. What a precious photo to have. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Candy C said...

Hi Debi. Your take on Tim's September tag is beautiful. I love it when people personalize their pieces. You have definitely done that as you were thinking of your family members who were sheet metal workers and brass casters during the Industrial Revolution. Love your metallic background. Very grungy and cool! Love the addition of the Eiffel Tower and the chains. Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Words and Pictures said...

Love your take on the Tim tag, it's fabulous... and what a wonderful piece of family history you've shared too - really enjoyed your post, thank you!
Alison x

Unknown said...

Fabulous tag! I love everything! i espically love the embellishments you used! Stunning!