Followers

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Distressed Greens

It's the start of the new Rogue Redhead Designs Challenge,  Distressed Green is the theme :-)




I've used my new set Snow Hugs, which is currently on sale at RRD. I embossed the image onto watercolour paper, and the coloured the image with watercolours, and distressed the edges by tearing and rolling. I stamped the background with green  fir branches and snowflakes. I then added some green glitter cardstock and distressed the green cardstock, I added some twine and glitter snowflakes and my first christmas card is finished.


It's currently still winter her in New Zealand, but we've had it pretty mild so far with heaps of stunning blue skys sunny days.

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Debi x

8 comments:

Terry said...

The snow couple work so well with the greens! Loving this card in green!

hazel said...

A beautiful card Debi. I love the stamped image and the lovely greens.
xxx Hazel.

2amscrapper said...

love how you blended the greens on that image

Anonymous said...

Fabulous snowy card! Love this couple in greens!

Cathy L. Calamas said...

love that green and turquoise! Beautiful card. Thx for stopping by my blog, too.

trisha too said...

Debi, this is GORGEOUS! What a fabulous card!

:)

Words and Pictures said...

Hi Debi,
Thanks so much for your lovely comment, and for letting me know about my top 3 at Craftroom Challenge (so happy!). I'm still finding it hard keeping track of all the lovely blogs and challenges, so it was great to get a heads-up! And here's another lovely challenge and blog. I love this green creation of yours - so vibrant, and the shapes are delicious.
Alison x

Shelly Schmidt said...

I would never think to add snow people + green- looks fabulous and love all of the shimmery highlights!