Followers

Monday, February 27, 2012

Heritage Layout

The theme I've chosen for the 2nd Crafters Anonymous Scrapbook Challenge is Heritage. Some people are frightened of scrapping old family photos.

The key thing to remember is to NEVER use the original photo.
I have all my old family photos scanned into my computer and then backed on to Flashdrives. This means I can print them out any size I want but also again and again.
Secondly by scanning them in, it means that all family members can have copies of these treasured photos, but also if more than one person has them if something awful was to happen like a fire, we would still have these family heirlooms.

I also think that colour's important when scrapping these old sepia or black and white photos, sticking to all browns as is common, I think potentially does little to showcase these photos. I like to use some or lots of colour on my heritage layouts.

This photo is of my maternal grandma it was taken to celebrate her 21st birthday.


Here's some close up's I love that I've added a real peacock feather. I think it just adds to the whole glamourous look of the photo.



I also added glitter and pearls to the DSP, to give it a bit more depth. As you can see I've also added some stitched details.


If you're a already a member of CA I hope to see you play along, if not and you're interested then email me for details, or find us on Facebook.

Have a great week.

Debi x

3 comments:

Terry said...

Debi, this is one gorgeous layout and what a wonderful tribute to your Grandma! Love the tip about scanning the photos and I think I will take you up on your idea! Have a great Sunday!

Anna said...

Loving this layout, Debi! Love the detail and the subtle bling. I want to do a heritage page one day...you've inspired me!

Maria said...

Hi Debi, this is stunning! What a beautiful page - I love all the little things you've added, it's really special.

Maria x