Followers

Monday, April 22, 2013

Something New

June 2012 Layout

Here's my first Hybrid scrapbook layout! I've very excited about this, all credit goes to Delys Cram, who created a 8 x 8 digital scrapbook page, then printed it out and then attached it to  a 12 x12 piece of cardstock.

I have been making digital layouts for many years, I love how they are quick. However, I rarely print them out, as how do you easily and cheaply print out a 12 x 12 layout?

So this is the perfect solution. The Stampin' Up! MDS is also fab because you can get digital versions of your favourite stamps, and they are much cheaper than the clear or rubber versions. I'd not used digital brush stamps before- but I think I might be addicted lol

So for this LO, I first created a 8 x 8 digital Layout ( all SU) I then printed it out and attached it to a 12 x 12 piece of paper and added other pieces to mat it. Some lace and stitching add some dimension.

For me this hybrid form of scrapping is perfect for when you want to create a lot of pages or you have a lot of photos. This LO is forming part of my 2012 album. Next I will be doing another album this way for our holiday photos.

I'm entering this over at Just Add Ink, where they want us to try a new technique, I hope that the hybrid LO and the use of the virtual stamps counts :)



8 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

Fantastic Debi!

butterfly said...

Ooh... get you with your hybrids! However it came into being, it's a lovely layout!
Alison x

Mae Collins said...

Debi I am pleased to see that Delys inspired you to combine your digital and actual scrapbooking talents together. Great idea and thanks for taking the time to try a new technique and entering our challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

Christine Blain said...

Of course it counts, Debi - any technique you haven't tried before, fits the bill! Great job with this layout; as always, your attention to detail is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

Shar said...

Beautiful!

Vicki said...

Great hybrid LO! Beautiful!

Delys Cram said...

woohoo Debi glad to have inspired you and fab LO too!

Esther said...

Hybrid is so much fun, the best of both worlds! Gorgeous Debi!!