Followers

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

So Sentimental

12 x 12 Layout, photo from July 2011

Thank you for all the stunningly creative entries to my In the Library theme, you certainly Wowed me, and as usual made my Top 3 picking job tricky ( I wouldn't have it any other way ;-) )

For our next challenge  at Craft Room Challenge Mervi has chosen the theme of So Sentimental, so we want to see a focus on Sentiments.


I have scrapped this photo before, but it was for my son's teacher, so this photo's been in the pile for a while to scrap again but for keeps.

I started with a blank white piece of 12 x 12 cardstock,  and added some Tim Holtz tissue paper. I then masked, sprayed and sponged to create a base. I then layered some scraps of patterned paper and tissue tape to matt behind the photo. I then stamped using various stamps, in Archival Black ink, Wild Wasbi (green SU ink) and white, to build up layers, I also added some smooch.

I then stamped the Sentiment with Archival ink staright onto the photo, I love this sentiment and I love the effect of stamping directly onto the photo.

Finally I added some metal snowflakes that have been waiting patiently for years to be popped on the right layout, and the library clip.

Our sponsor is Tando Creative.



I also just wanted to say that it's a pleasure to have my new Kiwi friend Esther from Siesta Scraps as our Guest Designer at the Craft Room, if you'd like to be a Guest Designer just add GDT after your entry.

I'm entering my Layout in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp and Show : Backgrounds.

Unruly Paper Arts : Hardware (2nd entry).


11 comments:

Esther said...

Really loving the collage background that you have created Debi!! The photo really pops and shows that sometimes it's a good idea to have space within a photo to add text to. xoxo

Leikkaan Mervi said...

hi Debi,
lovely text! Beautiful background and love the colours of your layout;-))m

Terry said...

Such a lovely background so perfectly collaged! Love the pop of red in your son's jacket! So cute he is!

Zoe Sanderson said...

Your family album's must be the most wonderful collection each time you share a page with us it is unique and special. This page with that sentiment is glorious. XOXO Zoe

hazel said...

A wonderful layout Debi with a beautiful sentiment.
xxx Hazel.

Vicki said...

Gorgeous LO, Debi. I love the pop of red in the photo among the greens.

Sandra said...

This background is really gorgeous! Love the stamps and Tim's tissue wrap! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Maria said...

Hi Debi, you make some of the most beautiful pages to treasure that I have seen, and this is no exception. Such gorgeous colours, and I love the background!

Maria xxxxx

butterfly said...

What a fabulous background... so full of texture and interest, and yet it still lets the photo take centre stage. Brilliant layout - and I promise I didn't peek before using the same sentiment stamp as you!!
Alison xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful layout, great background and fantastic sentiment.

Esther said...

Gorgeous layout Debi - Love your inky background ! Esther xx