Followers

Monday, March 4, 2013

Tattered flowers Layout

Tim Holtz has an amazing challenge on at the moment, as well as the normal 12 Tags, he's challenged us to create something with the Tattered Floral Die.

I wanted to create something that really shouted New Zealand :-) So I've used the die to cut some woven flax, and some shell. These 2 things are very indicative of New Zealand traditions and ancient crafts.



To hold the delicate woven flax together I've pasted some watered down PVA glue, I also added some glitter for extra prettiness.



Initally I thought that I'd make the flowers into a brooch, but actually they're a bit too delicate and wouldn't last long. So I've created a Scrapbook Layout.



I started with a blank piece of 12 x 12 cardstock. I then blended and sponged Victorian Velvet, Tea Dye and Dried Marigold.

I've then stamped with various stamps from the following sets: All Stampers Anonymous: Classics #9, Shabby French, and Classics #7.




I added some Picket Fence distress stain around the edge of the photo and at various points on the card stock. To blend this in I stamped using a stamp from Classics #7 to create a damask look around the photo and on blackchip board tattered Flowers I'd also cut out.
I love how that damask look works.



I have to say I love this LO.


5 comments:

Esther said...

What a great take on his challenge Debi! Very NZ indeed. xo

Krisha said...

Hi Debi,
This is a beautiful LO, Love the damask effect. TH Tatterd flowers are so much fun to work with.
Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving lots of love! :)

butterfly said...

Fabulous flowers - both the woven and the damask... what a great way to embellish the layout!
Alison x

2amscrapper said...

wow, these are amazing--the woven ones really caught my eye!

eri*doodle said...

I wouldn't have been so brave to cut woven flax... You really made it work nicely. Great Job.


Take a peek at my Tattered Floral entries:
Rose Box - http://eridoodle.blogspot.com/2013/03/tattered-florals-vintage-rose-box.html
and
Lunch Bag rose - http://eridoodle.blogspot.com/2013/02/tim-holtz-tattered-florals-die-challenge.html

Best of luck in the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals challenge.
-Pam