Followers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sporting Challenge



We had some lovely entries for our Friendship Challenge, Suzanne will as always have her work cut out to pick her Top 3.

For our next challenge Mervi has picked the theme of Sport. I have to say I found this one tricky, I don't own any sport stamps. In the end I decided to do a scrapbook layout of my grandfather who did weight lifting and won various competitions at the sport.

I've started with a plain cream piece of 12 x 12 cardstock, I've then masked sponged, stamped and smooched and distressed the background. My journalling is tucked away on a tag under the main photo. I also added some Tissue Tape and Sewing detail.

Our sponsors for this challenge are Tanda Stamps.

Details:

Cardstock and inks Stampin' Up!
Stamps from Tanda Stamps and Stampin Up!
Other: tissue tape, Twine, smooch, sewing machine.
I would also like to enter this page into the following Challenges:

Just Add Ink Scrapbook Hidden Journalling.

Simon Says Stamp and Show Layering, - I've layered inks, stamps and tissue tape.

Cupcake Craft Challenges Numerics- my tissue tape is number happy.

Debi x

17 comments:

Sandra said...

What an amazing looking scrapbook layout! Love those old photo's of your grandfather lifting weights! And that journaling tag sticking out form under that photo, is such a great interactive touch! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Hugs,
Sandra

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hi Debi, I'm happy that I chose this theme, that you could do this absolutely gorgeous memory of your grandparent.
Fabulous page;-))m

hazel said...

This is a fabulous layout Debi and a wonderful way to remember your grandfather.
xxx Hazel.

Zoe Sanderson said...

Your vintage pictures are real treasure. Your latest scrap book page is fabulous, great way to honour family memories. XOXO Zoe

Shelly Schmidt said...

Amazing SB page- how awesome to have these pages of your G-father. The distressing, sewing and tissue tape are lovely accents!

Sharon said...

A great layout Debi! I love those old photos you have used!

Esther said...

Wow, what amazing photos, and a fab layout Debi..Love it ! Esther xx

Maria said...

This is wonderful Debi, you do your pages so very well. The background is fabulous and I love how you've tucked the tag away.

Maria x

trisha too said...

Great LO, Debi--at first I thought you had just used some collage images, but no! What great photos of your grandfather!

:)trisha

Violets Corner said...

Fab layout with photos to treasure, many thanks for sharing with Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Faye said...

This is beautiful and I love the subtle number element. Thanks so much for joining Number Cruncher at Cupcake this week. Good Luck. x

Marjie Kemper said...

What an awesome LO and a wonderful tribute to your grandfather.

Donna said...

Beautiful layout Debi and such wonderful detail! Thanks for joining in with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

Sharnee Torrents said...

Cool page here Debi!
I love how vintage it is, and so blokey too! The tape and stitching is super fab and the colours... well mate it's really great!
SMiles Sharnee :)

Ruthy said...

Lovely Layout Debi, great photos too!Thanks for joining in on our JAI- Scrapbooking challenge for July!- Ruthy

delysc said...

Absolutley beautiful LO Debi!Thanks so much for playing along with us at JAI for our July scrapbooking challenge!

Tina said...

What cool photos, and so beautifully scrapped. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink this month.