Followers

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Live in the Moment


This is an 8 x 8 page, it started out completely white, I have sponged , stenciled, masked, sprayed and stamped to produce the background. I also added some stitching for detail. I love this style of creating for my layouts it makes them unique.

This is my son's page for the scrapbook I created for his teacher with her leaving and returning to Holland. I made another 46 pages... it was definately a labour of love, and she loved it.

This is the front page that my daughter (age 12) drew- I was blown away by how stunning this is.


For everyone who's not a Kiwi :-) in the top left we have the tuatara, top right the morepork (an owl), bottom left is the cute fantail bird and bottom right is an albatross.
She did all of this with no prompting from me I love how she has the night at the top of the page and day at the bottom.
I especially love the tuatara bathing in the moonlight, the details stunning on his face, here's a close up.



I'm entering my scrapbook page over at Simon says Stamp and Show where the challenge is to spritz, spray or stencil, I think I got all those covered on there.

Debi x

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful layout and I love all the layers you've created by spritzing, spraying and stencilling (not sure if that's a real word..). Those drawings that your daughter made are magnificent! She is one talented lady, just as her mother. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week. Hugs, Sandra

Terry said...

These pages are incredible! Your daughter has some real artistic talent and at age 12! Can't wait to see what she does over the years!

Jingle said...

Very nice!

Dad said...

Well done Jess - I think your page is brilliant !
( I wonder where she gets her talent from Debbie ? )

love Grandad x

PS Debbie - your pages are great as always

trisha too said...

Very fine, Debi--your daughter's drawing is lovely!!

:)

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a wonderful SB page- I always think stitching adds such a wonderful touch to projects. The drawing your 12 yr old did is amazing- wow- an up and coming star! I saw the post Mario made on FB yesterday with your tag- LOL that is awesome you had so much traffic to your blog- Congrats on the fun!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful layout! Sweet photo and the journalling is perfect. Love how you added the pops of red in the background with the sprayed green background. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Wonderful drawing by your daughter and the night and day layout is fantastic!

Kristen said...

love the background color, so pretty :)

xo, Kristina
Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
Come by and see me sometime!
www.pearlgateway.com